Visit Sinks Canyon State Park for a unique adventure both above and below ground! Book your stay in a cozy, heated yurt in the Popo Agie Campground, in the heart of scenic Sinks Canyon. You’ll be surrounded with easy access to miles of hiking and biking trails, fishing, and sightseeing opportunities.
Sinks Canyon has 4 yurts nestled in the beautiful Upper Popo Agie Campground. Three yurts have a maximum occupancy of 5 people, while the larger fourth yurt has a maximum occupancy of 9 people. Each yurt has bunks beds with full and/or twin beds, a daybed or futon, a small table and two chairs, heater, lights and power for small electronics. Picnic tables, fire pits and grills are located outside each yurt.
- Linens are not provided
- Cooking is not allowed inside the yurts
- There is no indoor plumbing
- Vault toilets and seasonal water spigots are available in the campground
- Pets are not allowed inside the yurts but are welcome in campsites and on trails in the park
- Pets must be leashed at all times
- Yurt #2 is located off the road with a short walk over an uneven, primitive trail. There is no vehicle pull-up access directly in front of yurt #2. Yurts #1, #3 & #4 are all adjacent to the road with parking directly at the yurt site.
- Yurts 1-3 are $70 + tax per night, yurt 4 is $150 + tax per night.
Yurts can be reserved beginning January 1st, 4 months in advance from arrival, year-round HERE or by calling the Call Center at 877-996-7275.
While you’re visiting, try the unique experience of caving in the Boulder Choke Cave system. Explore the underground pathway of the Popo Agie River and see where the water really goes when it “disappears” into the Sink. Guests will learn about the underground geology of the cave, the hydrology of the Popo Agie River, and much more during this guided experience. There will even be an opportunity to experience a total absence of light!
Trained caving guides will ensure safety, adventure and fun during this 2-3 hour experience.
Tours depart at 10:00am on select Saturday dates September – April, depending on seasonal river conditions.
Tours are open to guests ages 10 and older
Guests must be physically able to squat, crawl and maneuver tight spaces
Gusts will be provided with coveralls, gloves, helmets and headlamps that must be worn at all times
Sturdy footwear is required
$20.00 per person/tour
Reservations required https://wyoparks.info/Cavetour