April 26, 2016
By Casey Adams
Many of us worry about the challenge of staying on track with our fitness while on vacation. It’s tough to balance the joy of discovery and freedom with the satisfaction of a good workout or staying on track with our goals.
Why not embrace the fact that the routine and familiarity go out the window during vacation? Instead of trying to fit yoga practice in around the hotel room furniture or fighting the current in a hot tub and calling it a workout, consider making your vacation the exercise event. Make fitness the focus of your vacation in Wyoming’s Wind River Country.
Your regular workout routine is no competition for playing hard all day long, adventuring until you’ve burned off that vacation brunch and more than earned that special vacation dinner. Why not build your vacation around sweat and smiles instead of trying to squeeze in obligatory workouts around your fun?
Wyoming’s Wind River Country is the active vacation destination that will refresh your body as much as your soul. Here are a few ideas:
- Mountain bike on professionally designed trails through the badlands of Dubois or at Johnny Behind The Rocks near Lander
- Climb world-class rock in Sinks Canyon or Wild Iris, maybe even during the International Climbers’ Festival
- Hike to breathtaking views in the Wind River or Absaroka Mountains at 8000-10,000 feet elevation for your daily aerobic quota
- Cross country or backcountry ski through a Wyoming winter wonderland
- Wade through blue-ribbon fishing experiences
Pioneer an adventure all your own in Wyoming’s Wind River Country. Pack your active-wear and sunscreen, (we are at high-altitude) but leave the guilt behind as you dive into a local burger, accompanied by a local brew, at the end of your healthy vacation out West.